– The time of arrival to the guesthouse is from 14h00 to 20h00; however, different solutions can be arranged if we are informed in advance.
– The room has to be left by 11h00, but the guests are welcome to stay longer and enjoy the relaxing area.
– During normal working hours, the keys will be handed over to the guest after payment and check-in. All the extras that the guests take during their stay will be paid at the check-out.
Room keys on departure
– Please check-out and leave the room keys with our staff. Guests do not have to lock the door on departure. However, please close the door completely when leaving.
Lost keys or damaged locks
– The cost of replacement of lost keys or damaged locks is 20 EUR.
– Breakfast is served in the dinning room area, or weather permitting, on the patio, between 09h00 and 10h30. If you wish to have breakfast at a different time, please inform us on arrival.
– Smoking is completely forbidden inside and outside the house.
– Smoking is permitted only in the smoking-designated area, behind the main house. This area will be shown to you at the check-in.
– Please do not use flammables for heating, cooking or the like, irons candles, etc, in the guest room or corridors without the consent of the guesthouse owner.
– Cooking, eating and storing humid food in the rooms is not allowed.
Valuables, security and storage
– If needed a safe-deposit box is available at Casa do Páteo for all guests.
– If staying in the dorm room, lockers are available free of charge. The management is not responsible for lost items. Please lock the doors when you leave.
– Although the guesthouse management takes responsible steps to ensure the safety and security of all guests and their possessions, guests retain final responsibility for their own safety and security.
– Keep rooms locked at all times when absent.
– Parking space is available free of charge for all guests. Please do not park in the way of the main gate.
– Do not leave any valuables inside your car while it is parked. The Casa do Páteo cannot accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any articles while your car is parked.
– No cigarette buds, cotton buds, tampons, sanitary pads or any other material, other than toilet paper may be flushed down the toilet.
The living room, dinning room, kitchen, swimming pool and barbecue are common areas of the house and guests are encouraged to use them to their need or recreation. Nevertheless, there are some rules to abide by:
The Living Room
– Guests are allowed to use this common area and its appliances, such as the cable TV, books, etc.
– Eating and snacking in the living room is strictly forbidden.
– The living room should be kept as you have found it: nice and tidy. If by any chance you notice any dirt please inform the owner.
– Avoid making noise or disturbing the other guests. Musical instruments, radios, televisions, stereos, and/or any other source of amplified sound shall be played at a volume that shall not disturb or annoy other guests. We kindly ask you to avoid noise between 22h00 and 8h00, both inside and outside the building.
– A variety of books are available to be borrowed to our guests for free during 48 hours. To borrow a book, contact a staff member, fill the form and pay a deposit of 10EUR. The deposit will be returned when the book is given back in the original condition.
The Dinning Room
– Please use this common area to enjoy your meals.
– The kitchen area is for staff use only.
The Swimming Pool
– The pool is at your disposal from 08h00 until 20h00. You must arrange with the Management for access to the pool outside of these hours.
– Guests may use the pool with responsibility; Casa do Páteo will not assume responsibility in case of accident.
– Children younger than 15 years old are not allowed near the pool without adult supervision;
– Keep the pool area neat and clean at all times;
– Please inform your kids not to urinate in the pool water;
The garden is a space to chill and enjoy nature. Please do not litter the ground. There are several rubbish bins at disposal.
Keep all the garden clean. Mother Nature and our team thank you.
– Keep the barbecue area clean. After use leave it as you have found it;
– The barbecue area is located in a pine forest; please always be aware of safety measures. Pay special attention to any inflammable product;
– Never leave the barbecue unattended once it has been lit;
– Keep children and pets away from the barbecue area.
– We truly love pets. In Casa do Páteo we have four cats and one dog, that unfortunately do not adapt to other pets. To avoid putting stress on them, we kindly ask our guests not to bring their own pets. We understand it is not easy to leave our companions, so we ask a special understanding of our guests regarding this subject.
- It is strictly forbidden to give food to our pets. If you notice any discomfort in them, please notify one of the members of our team.
– We will hold you responsible for any damage or loss caused to our property by your acts or omissions, and faults by accident or neglect. By booking with us you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand an amount reasonably required to make good or to rectify such damage or loss caused by you. Normal wear and tear are excluded.
– Please report any accidents or incidents to the guest house management and any property damage.
– The Casa do Páteo cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents the guest house from fulfilling its obligation to guests. However, the guesthouse will take necessary steps to minimize disruption and discomfort to guests under these conditions:
* Unanticipated interruption to electricity, water, sewage to and from the guest house;
* Industrial actions, civil uprising or criminal activity;
* Fire, frost, flooding, wind or any other force major event.
Because we have several guests, we ask you to respect each other concerning cleanliness of the common areas and noise level. If we receive complaints, you will be given a warning. Further complaints are subject to the termination of stay. We reserve the right to end a reservation if a guest becomes a disturbance/nuissance to others including management.
Please respect the house and its occupants.
– Guests have no access to rooms and areas marked “Private” or "Proibido".
– The owners of Casa do Páteo are dedicated to the protection of our planet resources and would encourage our guests to help us by:
* Switching off lights when not in use;
* Ensuring that taps are always turned off after use;
* Avoiding the unnecessary use of towels;
* We will sort the recyclable rubbish collected from guest rooms i.e. paper, plastic, metal and glass, and we encourage our guests to also separate their rubbish according to the designated recycling bins;
* We thank you in advance for your comprehension and co-operation.
– There will be no refunds for early departures, for breakdowns of air conditioner, heater, appliances, etc, if said breakdown is due to weather and /or other conditions over which the house owner has no control.